Thursday, December 22, 2016

ARG Orlando Invitational Top 8 Deck Profile - Majesty Lord Blaster

     Ever since I started playing the wonderful game of Cardfight Vanguard I was drawn to one clan.  Royal Paladin.  I started playing back in November 2013, and Limit Break had already been well distributed into the game.  This was a blessing in disguise, as I was able to get one of the most interesting and unique units to ever come out for the game at a very cheap price (I played on a terrible budget back then).
Majesty Lord Blaster
   This one card has been so much fun to use.  In the Limit Break era, he was perfect to deny LB abilities by swinging with a Critical while they're at 3 damage.  If I get one Critical off a no guard, its over (unless lucky heals).  If they do guard, then they don't have their abilities.  This ties into my favorite part about this card.  
You can activate his skill whenever you can.  
There are no GB or LB restrictions.
All you need is these 2 cards on Rear Guard



   Since there are many cards that in this meta that are so reliant on what your opponent does, I am fortunate enough to have my avatar not care what they do.  If they stay on grade 2, its their funeral.  This card is devastating while going first, which is what I wanted to do this tournament.

Since most G decks prefer going 2nd, I wanted to take advantage of that

    Since I have been using good ol Majesty Lord here for every tournament I partake in, I wanted my deck to counter the current meta, which is Gear Chronicle.

  I played against 6 Gear Chronicle decks in a row at the Invitational

    Him being a 12k on defense hurts Gear Chronicle a lot.  Melem becomes unhittable and 16k collumns are a lousy 5k guard.  One damage trigger and he becomes a 17k!  This was my strategy while fighting Gear Chronicle, and it worked out most of the time.

    While Majesty Lord alone does punish your opponent for going 2nd, he has a bunch of other, non GB restricted cards that made a lot of my games end before the first stride.




   None of these cards are GB, and this deck takes full advantage of that. Calling Llew with Flogal on grade 2 is such a strong push that most opponents can't recover.  Stacking triggers on Blaster Blade, then restanding him with Flogal is so dumb.  Barcgal is there for his Blaster name and counter blast management.  But what makes this deck so consistent?


By boosting a Blaster, and successfully hitting 
You add ANY Blaster to hand regardless of Grade

  Wingal Brave here is what makes the deck happen game after game.  He gets the missing piece.  He solves a lot of gradelocking.  So many people are unafraid and let this hit, only to suffer in later turns.  It's a one for one trade that only benefits you.


But what happens if they survive Majesty Lord and the Early Game?

 I wanted to use both Thing Saver AND Sanctuary Guard 
for more versatility depending on the deck I am facing.




   Thing Saver Dragon is one of the deck's finishers.  I have used him along with Majesty Lord since he was released to us back in 2014.  Triple swinging with Vanguard and stacking triggers on the Rear Guards is so much to handle on one turn.  He is also very good for playing against Kagero and Link Joker as he is entirely Non Rear Guard reliant.






  These two go hand in hand.  Sanctuary Guard Dragon gets you the Flogals you need from deck, while Regalie pumps up Blaster Blade to stupid numbers.  It is a strategy I like to use against decks that do not retire or lock your rear guards.  Otherwise I use Thing Saver or this guy:


    This guy is a great first turn stride that pumps up your board, but more importantly gets an added Critical.  He is so great against people that guard Majesty, only to deal with another huge added Critical attack.  Another amazing card to counter Kagero and Link joker, just by swinging with a Crit.


    Altmile here is a free stride that gets Blaster Blade power, or Llew for multiple swings.  It is another way to do the Flogal Blaster Blade multiple attack strategy while spending no Counter Blasts or having to ride Sanctuary Guard.


So you get the gist, 
Swing Early and Swing Hard

Here was my list: 

Thank you to everyone who supported me throughout this super competitive tournament!
- Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment